We’re back! Tim joins Karf and Justin stays up late into the night because… we’re all pretty excited about E3! We talk speeds n feeds, games and lanes, and more things that sometimes rhyme! Also, Justin’s audio file got all sorts of jacked up, and I may have spent 6 hours editing this episode. I hope you’re all happy with what you made me do.
This episode Elaine, Roxie, and Justin sit down to discuss The Secret of Monkey Island, a whole bunch of toys to life video game nonsense (including new Amiibo), Rocket League’s Hoops mode, Fallout 4’s revamped survival mode, Pokemon selling all the copies, and goats. Yes, goats. No, we have no idea what we are talking about. GOATS!
(Image credit: http://technabob.com/blog/2015/02/17/melting-a-rubiks-cube/)
Send us your questions! We love questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @someothercastle
- More Binding of Isaac DLC incoming and another game
- Yoshinori Ono accepts that lack of single player content in SFV may have been a mistake. DUHHHHHHH.
- Rocket League Launches it’s newest “Hoops” mode letting you expand your car’s ball handling skills to now include basketballs and includes other assorted NBA content. (BALLS)
- Splatoon’s Squid Sisters Callie and Marie to be added to amiibo lineup. Fans prepare their wallets in anticipation. ELAINE NEEDS THIS.
- Xenoblade Chronicles is coming to Wii-U Virtual Console.
- Youtube’s content ID system getting an overhaul to help creators from having ad revenue stolen via false DMCA take downs.
- Fallout 4 survival mode overhaul comes out of beta making the wasteland and even more uninhabitable nightmare for players looking for a challenge.
- As predicted back in march Lionhead Studios officially shuts its doors.
- Pokemon Generation One re-release on 3DS hits 1.5 millions sales.
- Sega adds steam workshop support to its 50 genesis titles on steam, allowing for community ROM hacks.
- John Romero & Adrian Carmack cancel Kickstarter for Blackroom.
- Gamestop explains it’s trade-in scheme with Goats. GOATS. THIS IS SO DUMB.
- Battlefield 5 to be revealed next week.
On this very special edition of the Invitation Only Podcast Elaine, Roxie, and Justin talk about Persona 4 in more detail than you could possibly dance all night to. Originally recorded for the Last Save Loaded Podcast in 2015 you can now feast your earholes on this delightful romp through Persona 4. Settle in, pour a beverage, and turn on your TVs at midnight. BEARSONA!
- Pursuing My True Self
- Shadow World
- Like a Dream Come True
- Junes Theme
- Time To Make History
- Youthful Lunch
- Aria Of The Soul
- Music Of Dream
- Your Affection
- A Corner Of Memories
- Backside Of The TV
- I’ll Face Myself
- Reach Out To The Truth
- Never More
This week Elaine is joined by Karf and Roxie to discuss the ongoing state of Virtual Reality, the crazy town that is Bayonetta 2, the MOBAness of Heroes of the Storm, and the ups and downs of Starfox Zero. The crew also touches on the Nintendo NX, Fallout 4 mods, games they want rebooted, the games that grab on and won’t let go, and of course codpieces on Mechsuits. HASHTAG CONTENT. HASTAG WE’RE SORRY. HASHTAG OH GOD BATMAN WHAT THE HELL?!
(Photo credit: http://collider.com/batman-armor-images-from-comic-con-2015/)
SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS: email@example.com
- Atlus announces livestream May 5th on NicoNico when mysterious Persona 5 clock is set to end
- NIS and Atlus breaking ties for publishing NIS titles in the west after acquisition of Atlus by Sega is fully wrapped up
- Fallout 4 Mods launch in open beta on Steam, console mods promised to release by June
- Borderlands movie has possibly found a writer and is rumored to be R rated
- Esports League bans YouPorn’s team because of their association and sponsorship with a pornographic service
- Nintendo NX will be out in March 2017, will not appear at E3
- New Zelda game is delayed into 2017
- It will also be their only playable game at E3
- Rockband 4 is getting online multiplayer
- Dark Souls board game got funded FAST
- Ecto Cooler is returning!
On this episode Elaine is joined by Scott and Roxie to discuss; the pain of roguelikes, the liquid joy of Ratchet and Clank, a return to Fallout 4’s wasteland, the curious case of the Playstation 4 Neo, cheap Steam games, intense Sesame Street fatalities, and so.much.more! Surgeon General’s Warning: this podcast may cause permanent damage and should only be used with extreme caution! (image credit to gavacho13 on deviantart!)
SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upgraded PS4 may be named NEO. It’ll have some processing/ram upgrades
- PSN is getting two factor authentication finally
- Batfleck movie, with Benny writing and directing
- Code 8 – a movie by Stephen and Robbie Amell is so funded, indiegogo campaign ends Friday
- Rockband 4 PC Crowdfunding was a huge failure
- Henry Cavill really likes World of Warcraft
- Apparently Ubisoft is going to get serious about banning Division cheaters
- Hot new game breaking Division bug lets players do nearly unlimited damage
- Shovel Knight hits 1 million in sales
- Capcom may actually start dealing with rage quitters in SF V
- Gamestop is going to demo the HTC Vive….someone is going to get the pink eye
- Insomniac is all in on VR
Steam Games Under $20:
- Hyperlight Drifter
- Enter The Gungeon
- Nuclear Throne
- Super Meat Boy
- Shovel Knight
- The Escapists
- Rivals of Aether
- Stardew Valley
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Hotline Miami
- State of Decay
- Papers Please
- Axiom Verge
- Freedom Planet