Hello again! As promised, it’s time to update you fine folks on our progress towards this year’s Extra Life marathon.
We’ve received a TON of support this week, so we have a lot of thanks and inappropriate internet hugs to dole out. So, to Giles, Maureen, Nicole, George, Don, Brandi, Melissa, and Kevin, THANK YOU! Your inappropriate hugs will arrive in the mail in six to eight weeks.
Other things you might want to know:
– The cutoff date for being able to choose one of our games by making the largest donation will be Sunday, October 27. Please note that this does NOT mean that donations are no longer welcome! They absolutely are, at any time up to and including the marathon itself. We will need a bit of time to work whatever the chosen title is into our schedule, though, so we had to draw a line somewhere. Just as a reminder, the rules for that are as follows:
1. It must be playable on one of the systems we’re planning on using (360, PS3, or Wii…PS2 is also an option).
2. We’d prefer something that one of us already owns, but if we don’t, as long as it isn’t TOO expensive/difficult to find, we’re willing to work around that.
3. We promise to play it for at least an hour, no matter what.
– Speaking of schedules, we have one now! We’re not going to reveal everything on the list, but as we provide more updates, we’ll clue you in to a few things you can look forward to us playing (and probably swearing at a whole lot). For starters, how do Rhythm Heaven, Street Fighter, and Turtles in Time sound? We think they sound pretty rad.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions for us, we’d love to hear them. You can comment here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tweet at us via @someothercastle, @Improbable42, or @etdragon. If you’d like to donate but haven’t yet, here is our Extra Life page link: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.team&teamID=11905
We’re doing great so far, and that’s all because of you guys. Thank you all so much, and we look forward to seeing everyone on twitch.tv/etdragon on November 2-3!
Sam and I will donate toward your goal post-payday. You’re doing a good thing!